Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Potential Sources for My Analysis Paper

While I have maintained and edited my blog on multicultarism in society, I have learned how to create, decorate, and write following appropriate style. I thought that writing a blog would be easier than an academic paper that has to utilize in-text citations and references. However, I have recognized that writing a blog requires me to multitask. I am still required to follow MLA or APA style, but now I have learn new computer skills such as attaching pictures, music and hyperlinks. What is great about blogs is that my information can be read by anyone with access to a computer and they can even reply back with comments or thoughts on my topic.
The responsibility of maintaining my blog has made me concentrate on finding credible and academically stimulating information. Even though this is my first blog, I feel that I am learning quickly.

I researched many blogs in my community that have a similar topic. Some of them are popular. One of them is on cultural differences, http://vaproro.blogspot.com/. The blog is evenly balanced between content and the author’s opinion. However, it needs more illustrations or pictures to support its contents.

The other is on Islam in Europe, http://islamineurope.blgspot.com/. The layout of the blog is very simple, but the contents are very credible with diverse references.

I analyzed why they are very popular in comparison to my blog. I will focus on design and academic form as well as content to improve my blog.

References:

Vlad, Andrei. "Cutural Differences." <http://vaproro.blogspot.com>

"Islam in Europ." <http://islamineurope.blogspot.com>

2 comments:

Julie P.Q. said...

Excellent focusing on the specifics of the assignment! I think you're on the right track with these two blogs.

And you're right--it seems at first as if blogging let's us get away with forgetting formatting issues. But the opposite is really true: you now have to figure out the 3-D opportunities of a blog while balancing academic documentation when necessary. That's a lot of organizational things to think of!

twkamau said...

Your doing so good atleast you have a blog that is leading your readers into the right direction. Reading you blogs has opened my eyes to somethings keep it up.